GLIDERS IMPORTED TO OR BUILT UNDER LICENCE IN HUNGARY
|First flight in Hungary:
|Number of built:
|Number of imported:
Short historical background:
The RRG Professor was the first performance glider in Hungary. The LÜH bought the licence and make them built at the Hungarian Aircraft Repair Works, Székesfehérvár. Two Professors went to MOVERO and one to the Air Scouts.
At July 21, 1932, the first leg of the D badge - the first one in Hungary - was earned by László Kerényi flying one of the Professors for 5 hours and 3 minutes at Farksahegy. And one of the first distance flights in Hungary - 36 km - was performed in 1933 from Farkashegy by a Professor piloted by Lajos Formanek.
|Hungarian Aircraft Repair Works, Székesfehérvár